CAVUP Uganda is one of the leading non governmental organizations creating lasting change in the lives of Vulnerable People in Uganda. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help Vulnerable People. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation.
CAVUP Uganda responds to famine and civil conflict, it works to resolve the ongoing struggles Vulnerable People face every day like poverty, hunger, illiteracy and disease, awareness to human rights, and replaces them with hope for prosperity.
Grounded in our shared vision of a world in which every slum dweller attain the right to survival, protection, development and participation, CAVUP Uganda’s new mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way Uganda treats Vulnerable People and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Our new global vision, mission, values and strategy are very much a part of CAVUP Uganda’s longstanding principles and are consistent with our strategic priorities.
Each and every staff member and volunteer of CAVUP Uganda shares the values that, either individually or through teamwork, drive our breakthroughs for Vulnerable People.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results and being accountable to supporters, partners, and most of all, Vulnerable People.
- Ambition: We demand the best of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and firmly commit to improving the quality of everything we do for Vulnerable People.
- Collaboration: We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for Vulnerable People.
- Creativity: We are open to new ideas, embrace change and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with Vulnerable People.
- Integrity: We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behavior; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
Our Partner Survey
CAVUP Uganda joined a group of 4 nonprofit organizations from Europe and North America in surveying our local partners on a range of partnering aspects, from the financial and capacity building support we provide, to partnership administration and relationships, to the degree to which our partners feel we understand them and how we learn and improve as partner organizations.